Yazoo County Economic Development District
- Yazoo County is located in the central part of the State of Mississippi.
- Yazoo County is the largest land mass of any county in the State, encompassing 934 square miles.
- Total population of the county is 28,065.
- Within the county are the four municipalities of Yazoo City, Bentonia, Eden and Satartia.
- The county is rural in nature with Yazoo City being the County Seat and the hub of economic activity for the area.
- Yazoo County has long been known as the Gateway to the Delta but is quickly becoming known as the Gateway to the Capital City.
- Yazoo County is centrally located to large metropolis areas.
- Within 400 miles is: Memphis, TN, - New Orleans, LA, - Birmingham, AL, - Atlanta, GA, - Houston, TX, - Dallas, TX
- Yazoo County is also only 30 miles from Jackson, MS.
- Although, Yazoo County is not part of the Jackson Metropolitan Area, its boundaries are contiguous with Madison and Hinds Counties, both of which are in the metropolitan area.
- Transportation inside Yazoo County is a definite strength. Yazoo County’s infrastructure contains access to an Interstate Highway passes through part of the county and a four lane US Highway is easily accessible to most of the county.
- Yazoo County’s rail access is throughout the majority of the county.
- Yazoo County is home to the Yazoo County Port which is one of the top (5) ports in the state for tonnage shipped.
- Furthermore, Yazoo County is also home to a Type III General Aviation Airport.
- Yazoo County Industrial Park has current lots available with infrastructure in place